Glossier (glossy-aye) is a revolutionary beauty company that launched in 2014 by the wonderful and incredibly savvy woman, Emily Weiss. And if you follow me on Instagram or have met me in real life, you'd know I'm fairly obsessed with them. I can't recall if it was the allure of dewy-looking skin or the bright, fun social media accounts that drew me in, but I've been hooked ever since the Phase 1 Set. Here are a few in-depth reasons why!
6 Things I Love About Glossier (in no particular order):
1. F[o]unded by women: Read the article linked here and try to tell me you aren't inspired.
2. Boy Brow: The platonic ideal of a Glossier product, really. Easy, effortless, and quick. I haven't used another brow product since purchasing this one. It thickens, fills in, and colors all in a few swipes- what more could you ask for?
3. Mission(s): I watched an interview recently where Weiss mentioned the historic clutter of the beauty industry, which was really what drove her to form a collection of essential products. Less decisions to make, less stress, more promise. She also added something I think is extremely powerful; the beauty consumer is shifting to want to look like their best self, rather than mimicking a celebrity. And this is something I find to be true about myself; I feel most confident when I know I'm accenting MY features the best I can.
4. Stretch Concealer: These days, especially those that start at 7am, I need my beauty routine to be as efficient as possible. Nothing satisfies my needs for coverage, speed, and quality more than this product. It doesn't cake or dry up like most other concealers I've used, and is super easy to throw in my school bag to use throughout the day (well, on days I'm awake enough to remember to do so).
5. Black Tie Set: I received this set as an early Christmas present from my mother, who said, "I believe you'll be needing this for the upcoming holiday party season," and boy was she right. Although I've adopted a pretty strict brows-and-concealer-only beauty routine lately, I do love dewy-ing up my cheeks with Haloscope in moonstone (made with real moonstones!), and adding a smoky accent to my eyes with the graphite liner. This set really has it all, and if you'd like to know how to use it all I suggest checking out this video!
6. Transparent brand: See also #1. How many other brands publish articles on their blogs detailing directly where they get funding? In addition, their social media accounts feature real reposts from women/men/nonbinaries who use their products. And Weiss goes through the #glossier tag on Instagram almost every morning to see what people are talking about, using, and doing with their products. This makes the consumer feel connected, and, well, human!
If you ever want to chat about product recommendations or anything of the like, feel free to DM me through social media/shout at me across the street/ask me in person. I'm always down to talk and support brands I love!